Re: [Exim] Fetchmail-exim conflict

Author: Cam Ellison
To: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fetchmail-exim conflict
* Dave C. (djc@???) wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, j2 wrote:

<snip>
> The cause of his problem is that fetchmail is issuing a RCPT TO for an
> address that his exim doesnt know about. He needs to make sure exim
> recognizes some local address, and that fetchmail forwards the mail to
> that address.
>
> However, unless he is actually receiving SMTP calls from somewher else
> on the Internet, it is really silly to have his incoming mail go thru
> exim. He should just configure fetchmail to deliver directly to his
> /var/spool/mail/whatever, possible with procmail or some other mda.

What I'd like to do is configure exim to deal with both. Most of
my mail comes and goes via SMTP. However, a few of my correspondents
(for bizarre reasons that are related to the fact that their ISP owns
my ISP, and the addresses are in the same block) cannot send email to
me via the 'ellisonet.ca' address. I'd really rather not have two
different applications writing to the same spool -- that strikes me as
providing too much opportunity for a screw-up. In general, I want to
have everything funneled through a single route.

Is there a way to do this? Also, what's the source of the message
character miscount?

Thank you for your input

Cam

--