[Exim] Pruning Forward Headers

Author: Carolyn Longfoot
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Pruning Forward Headers
Hello all,

I am behind a firewall/Exim gateway with a dedicated mail server and several
clients.

When a client sends a message, by the time it gets to Exim and goes out into
the world the header is quite something:
from client to mailserver
from mailserver to gateway
... you get the picture.

The problem is that I don't want to thus advertize my internal network
topology to the world, and instead have a single From: header that shows the
externally accessible address (such as mail.mydomain.com).

If anybody has any ideas (or better still, actual examples) how to drop
internal forward headers like that I would really appreciate it. I'm not
familiar with rewriting rules (if this involves any) so please be gentle.

Cheers,
Caro