Re: [Exim] Feature-Request

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nico Erfurth
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Feature-Request
Philip Hazel wrote:
>>Phil, i know your wishlist is very long, but could you place another
>>item on it?
> Far too long. It grows faster than I can service it.

And some day it will be finished, because no features are left ;)
Sometimes i really wonder how other Mail-Admins can work with their
"primitive" MTAs.

>>with an extension of the macros, to use them like C-makros, this could
>>be stripped down to
>
> The worry here is the cost. Exim reads its configuration file every time
> an Exim process re-execs the binary, and that happens very frequently
> (for every message delivery, for a start, as well as for every
> non-via-the-daemon incoming message).

Yep, i know, but do you really think this feature will cost that much?
The only thing i can think of is a little bit more overhead at reading
the macros themself.

> Originally, there were no macros and no inclusions. I have added them
> under mild protest. :-) The thought of making it even more complicated
> worries me.

For the user they would be more useable (IMHO), but it's your MTA, and you
did a great job creating it (can't mention that often enough) ;)

ciao