Re: [Exim] Feature-Request

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Nico Erfurth
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Feature-Request
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> Phil, i know your wishlist is very long, but could you place another
> item on it?

Far too long. It grows faster than I can service it.

> with an extension of the macros, to use them like C-makros, this could
> be stripped down to

The worry here is the cost. Exim reads its configuration file every time
an Exim process re-execs the binary, and that happens very frequently
(for every message delivery, for a start, as well as for every
non-via-the-daemon incoming message).

Originally, there were no macros and no inclusions. I have added them
under mild protest. :-) The thought of making it even more complicated
worries me.