[Exim] Losing mail, please help...

Autor: jdrake
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Losing mail, please help...
Well, I had a great guy who helped me set up my redhat linux 7.1 server and
got Exim running on it for me and it all worked very well until I got the
bright idea to work on it earlier today, but was too much a fool to make a
backup of my configuration as a failsafe. To make a long story short, I have
consistently been fighting a losing battle to figure out how to make my
server both usable for the people that want to check and send mail through
it and keeping that same server secure from abuse by spammers. At some point
during the day, I saw something that looked like it could reasonably help me
out and applied it. (Or so I thought...) Well... I didn't find myself
suddenly receiving complaints from my email client, so I figured all was
well. Then after a few hours of no mail, I begun to get suspicious. So I
sent an email from another (this) account and exim returned it to me,
telling me that it could not be relayed. Well... I've tried to put things
back in order, but feel I'm fighting a losing battle. Would someone please
be so kind as to help me to configure relaying properly on this server such
that I no longer have to worry about remote users and spam abuse? Here's the
basic rundown...

I am running 3 virtualhosts on the machine. domain1.com domain2.net and
domain3.org. I want to be able to have users with both dynamic and static IP
addresses able to send mail if, and only if, they have an account. I had
thought maybe smtp auth would work for this, but could never satisfactorily
get that to work. Please, could someone tell me what I really should be
putting into my configuration for relaying and authorization and such for
this sort of situation?

JayD