[Exim] Re: Interesting "attack" on my exim server...

Author: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Interesting "attack" on my exim server...
--
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 09:50:03AM -0500, Jeff Hahn wrote:

| The attacks are coming from 200.231.206.0/24 (several dozen hosts)

| Now I'm still getting about 1 connection a minute and filling up my
| exim_rejectlog. oh well, disk space is cheap.

If you want to prevent your exim log from filling up and prevent exim
from using system resources on this attack, just drop all their
packets at the IP level (eg using iptables or ipchains).

-D

--
I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.  Now a slave
has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/