Re: [Exim] IP address for MX records

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] IP address for MX records
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 09:21:31AM -0400, Tony VanScoy wrote:
> My problem is that for their MX record I have their static IP address,

Fix your MX RR, then. The right hand side of an MX RR contains a cost,
and a canonical name for the host.

Note that an IP address is not the same as a canonical name for the host.
Note also that a CNAME is not a canonical name for the host.

Until then, all MXs *do* point at non-existent hosts.

If you're having trouble with DNS, you would be as well to look at
http://www.squish.net/dnscheck/, which will give you all sorts of useful
information about nameservers that were used to resolve your query.

MBM