Re: [Exim] HELO syntax check

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Edwards
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] HELO syntax check
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Chris Edwards wrote:

> Exim checks the syntax of HELO and EHLO commands for incoming SMTP mail,
> and gives an error response for invalid data
>
> which I suppose it does. But this is hardly rejecting the mail. Shurely
> it needs to 550 every subsequent RCPT command ?

I guess I was "being liberal in what I accepted" when I coded Exim so as
not to require HELO before accepting a message. This was copied from
Smail, IIRC.

I propose the following compromise: if HELO/EHLO has been rejected
because of a syntax error (or indeed, for any reason), then reject all
subsequent commands (except RSET, HELP, QUIT, NOOP) until a valid
HELO/EHLO has been received.