Re: [Exim] LDAP Authentication.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: Eric Renfro
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP Authentication.
tir, 2002-08-20 kl. 08:27 skrev Eric Renfro:

> I'm trying to get authentication to work, and the AUTH documents are very
> vague on the subject of AUTH in general.

> My uid=$local_part,ou=People,dc=mydomain,dc=com has a unix-md5 userPassword,
> as well as cleartext clearPassword (for CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5), and I'm
> trying to setup PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, and SPA, all my using LDAP for
> password comparison.
>
> I tried initially over PAM, but for some reason, PAM is trying to bind the uid
> over to authenticate the password, and failing.

My advice is to do one thing at a time ("think big and shrink to fit").
Get AUTH PLAIN working with TLS and add other things one by one.

The above works for me.

I didn't find the docs on AUTH vague, by the way. You always have to
take the Exim specs as guidelines and provide your own alternatives to
many of the examples. The fact that this is even possible (compare
Sendmail) is what makes Exim so powerful.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:    http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981