Re: [Exim] Accepting messages from local users + relay_hosts

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Accepting messages from local users + relay_hosts
wash@??? (Odhiambo G. Washington) [Wednesday, August 21, 2002 1:55
AM]:

> * Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???> [20020820 20:29]: wrote:
>> Approach it from the other direction - have a caching only nameserver
>> setup locally. and/or hardwire entries into /etc/hosts.
>
> I have a fully fledged name server running on that box ;)
> You are against that?

So you'd serve DNS for your domains, mail from them should get through
without any problem if your resolver config (/etc/resolv.conf) queries that
nameserver.

Even remote queries - lookup shouldn't be delayed too much ... if you build
up a dnscache as well - considering you wont be serving dns for hotmail, you
have to cache their dns records someplace to speed things up.

    -srs