Re[2]: [Exim] Accepting messages from local users + relay_ho…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Richard Welty
To: Exim Users
Betreff: Re[2]: [Exim] Accepting messages from local users + relay_hosts
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:55:31 +0300 "Odhiambo G. Washington" <wash@???> wrote:

> * Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???> [20020820 20:29]: wrote:
> > Approach it from the other direction - have a caching only nameserver
> setup
> > locally. and/or hardwire entries into /etc/hosts.

> I have a fully fledged name server running on that box ;)
> You are against that?

good security practice suggests that you should have dedicated boxes
serving as non-recursive, non-caching authoriative name servers that
provide no other services, and then run non-authoritative,
recursive/caching nameservers on other boxes.

DNS cache poisoning is a bitch. limit the potential damage. you don't need
much of a computer to meet the authoritive DNS needs of most businesses.
it's a good place to use an old pentium or pentium 2.

richard
--
Richard Welty
rwelty@???                                 Averill Park Networking