RE: [Exim] exim + cyrus subfolder posting

Author: Bernard Stern
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] exim + cyrus subfolder posting
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:20:33 +0200 Thomas Baumann wrote:

> When doing it in a shell like
> # cat << EOF | /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -m list.exim -- tirili
>> Subject: ...
>> From: ...
>> To: ...
>>
>> text...
>> EOF
> the email is posted directly into the folder tirili.list.exim,

> so where is the fault ?

> do you have one more idea ?

> thanks

> - tom

seems to me your ACLs might not be correct. The deliver
manpage says:

Deliver to mailbox. If any userids are specified, attempts t
deliver to user.userid.mailbox for each userid. If the ACL on
any such mailbox does not grant the sender the "p" right or
if -m is not specified, then delivers to the INBOX for the userid,
regardless of the ACL on the INBOX. If no userids are specified,
attempts to deliver to mailbox. If the ACL on mailbox does not
grant the sender the "p" right, the delivery fails.

This seems pretty close to the symptoms you mention! But again,
nothing really exim specific. Although the cyrus doc is
somehow sparse, it would be a good idea to check it out.

Bernard Stern, SWITCH