Re: [Exim] References / Performance statistics for Exim 4.x …

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Tabor J. Wells
To: Flemming Christensen
CC: Exim-Users (E-mail)
題目: Re: [Exim] References / Performance statistics for Exim 4.x ?
[line breaks added for readability]

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 03:26:19PM +0200,
Flemming Christensen <fc@???> is thought to have said:

> My Manager would like to have a list of references of companies who are
> using Exim 4.x in a production environment. (Company, Mailboxes, #of
> mailserveres, #of virtual domains).
>
> Does such a list exisit or do any of you know of any companies who are
> Using Exim ?

This comes up periodically. Look in the mailing list archives.

> He would also like to know how well Exim performs using MySQL to handle
> user validation and virtual domains.

I have no specific experience but a lot of people backend their auth and
virtual domains on MySQL with quite a bit of success.

> On Exim.org I found that "Energis Squared" in UK, Shore.Net in the US
> and Esat.Net in Ireland uses Exim with a lot of users, but I can't see
> if it's 3.x og 4.x they use.

Shore (now Primus) is Exim 3. If I was still there I would have upgraded
to Exim 4 by now. :) The specific configuration at the time I left IIRC
was ~35k mailboxes, ~7000 virtual mail domains, 2 mail relays that handled
routing for everything and 3 boxes for final delivery, these were all
mostly low-end Sun Ultra hardware and were doing about 200k messages per day.
They didn't even break a sweat. I had been running up to the ~120k/day on a
pair of dual CPU sparc 20s as the relay servers.

I've also implemented Exim-based mail systems at global software company
with ~1200 employees worldwide using ldap to do auth and routing. This
handled 200k messages/day as well (mostly due to a much overused Lyris
server for internal discussion lists) on 3 single-cpu sun ultra boxes as
relays and a multi cpu sun box for final delivery/pop/imap/webmail.

Other large ISPs which use Exim are freeserve.co.uk, RCN, parts of the
Earthlink mail environment use Exim I believe, psi.net, parts of UUNet
(particularly in Europe).

> I hope some of you can help me.

Hope that helps. Perhaps your manager would be convinced if you did an
example setup and created some tests which show it perform under load.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality