Re: [Exim] Force local part to lower case?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Kevin P. Fleming
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Force local part to lower case?
On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> I just ran into a problem where a user tried to mail another local user,
> but capitalized the local_part of the destination address. Exim routed
> the message just fine, but Cyrus' LMTP daemon wouldn't accept it.

This came up not long ago. I laughed hollowly, because in the early days
of Exim I made changes specifically so that it would *preserve* the case
that the user typed.

> I have added another router to my configuration that does this:
>
> lowercase_local:
>    driver = redirect
>    redirect_router = local_delivery
>    data = ${lc:${local_part}}

> This is working fine, but I just want to make sure I didn't miss a
> simpler solution...

This is currently the best way to do this. But make sure you do it only
for your own local domains. In general, local parts of email addresses
are allowed to be case-sensitive. That's why Exim preserves case.

> Also, who is the proper person to email Exim "recipes" to for inclusion
> into the FAQ? I've communicated with the documentation person for Cyrus
> IMAPD, and gotten a (very) basic Exim 4 configuration included in the
> Cyrus docs, but it would be much better to have a full-fledged
> configuration sample posted. I'd be happy to forward mine :-)

Send it to me. If it is small, I'll put it into the FAQ when I update
it. If it is not very small, I'll put it into the config.samples with a
reference in the FAQ.

Philip