Re: [Exim] SSL over exim.

Autor: Mark Edwards
A: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Eric Renfro, Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SSL over exim.
On Tuesday, August 20, 2002, at 12:53 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> You can implement SSMTP though, to answer your question. Grep through
> the archives - howtos have been posted more than once.

I've recently set this up, and it isn't hard. However, I get the following
error logged when an Outlook Express Mac client sends email via ssmtp:

2002-08-18 14:57:50 TLS error on connection from amore.antsclimbtree.com
[192.168.1.2] (SSL_accept): error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

No idea what that error means, but the mail still goes through, and appears
to make use of encryption.

I posted about this error a couple days ago, and Matt Bernstein said he
though it was related to tls_verify_hosts, but I'm not using that tag in my
configure file. Anyone have an idea what this might be, or if it is really
a problem?

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA