Re: [Exim] EHLO,HELO and helo_data

Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] EHLO,HELO and helo_data
On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 09:43:02AM -0400,
Tabor J. Wells <twells@???> is thought to have said:

> That the contents of helo_data were ignored after the EHLO failed. I deleted
> the original post already but I believe the it was something like "EHLO
> mail.example.com" and then the HELO was "mail3.example.com". The Pix in the
> situation just happens to show it nicely since it munges the banner. It
> looks like a valid bug in 3.x.

Oh and to the original poster, I believe your problem might be fixed by
changing 'primary_hostname' to 'helo_data' on line 820 of
src/transports/smtp.c in 3.35.

Caveat: I don't run Exim 3 anymore. I didn't try making that change and
compiling it to see if it works. That may not be the best solution either as
I'm not very familiar with the Exim code. Make that change at your own risk. :)

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality