RE: [Exim] exim + cyrus subfolder posting

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bernard Stern
To: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] exim + cyrus subfolder posting
On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:30:49 +0200 Thomas Baumann wrote:

> Hello list,

> cyrus imap server supports posting directly into subfolders,
> e.g. mail to cyrus-user+subfolder.subsubfolder@mydomain should
> post mail directly into subfolder.subsubfolder,
> so how is exim to configure to give this information directly
> to the cyrus server.

> my config (exim 3.35) looks like:

> local_delivery_cyrus:
>   headers_add = "X-added: local_cyrus ${tod_log}\n"
>   driver = pipe
>   command = /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver \
>             -m ${substr_1:$local_part_suffix} -- $local_part

well in my config I'm making usage of the -a deliver option; don't
you need it?

> user = cyrus
> group = mail
> #return_path_add
> return_output
> log_output
> prefix = ""
> suffix = ""

> local_user_cyrus:
>     driver = smartuser
>     suffix = .*

this is probably the culprit: it should be suffix = +*, since
what you want is cyrus-user+blah.gargl@domain.
Also, you might want a condition statement to ensure that if the
blah.gargl subfolder does not exist, the director is ignored and
delivery happens normally.

>     suffix_optional = yes
>     transport = local_delivery_cyrus

HTH,