Re: [Exim] bug in os_common_find_running_interfaces?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Rick Byers
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] bug in os_common_find_running_interfaces?
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Rick Byers wrote:

> I just upgraded from Exim3 to Exim 4.05 and it seems to be working great.
> However, I get messages like the following in my paniclog:
> "Unable to get flags for <garbage> interface: 6 Device not configured".
> Where <garbage> is some binary junk. I'm using NetBSD-1.6. I started
> looking at the code to figure out whats going on, but I don't have time
> at the moment, so I was hoping someone else might have some insight to
> point me in the right direction.

I don't think that code has changed between Exim 3 and 4, but I might
have forgotten something. The message is a result of

if (ioctl(vs, V_GIFFLAGS, (char *)&ifreq) < 0)

which is a call to get the flags for a TCP/IP interface. Exim is trying
to get a list of all local interfaces. This something which different OS
seem do differently, and as I don't use NetBSD, I can't really help with
debugging, I'm afraid.