Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10: erroneous "all relevant MX records poi…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John W Baxter
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10: erroneous "all relevant MX records point..."
On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, John W Baxter wrote:

> Wishlist (if not there already*):
>    a router option to exempt the router from use during -bt (and at other
> related times????).

It that really worth it? My feeling is that you should be able to set up
all the relevant conditions using the -oM... (and other) options to test
any situation you want. I'm not very keen on "if testing behave
differently" features, because they distort the testing. (Of course you
have to have *some*, but I try to minimize.)

> (I'm able to work around the problem with a suitable -oMr...when I remember.)

But would you remember that you have put some magic into the router?
This itself might trip you up at a later time.