Re: [Exim] 2 SSL questions

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mark Edwards
Aan: Matt Bernstein
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] 2 SSL questions
On Sunday, August 18, 2002, at 02:14 AM, Matt Bernstein wrote:

> There are two ways to do SSL. Lookout Express tends to use the "ssmtp"
> variant on port 465 where the whole conversation is encrypted. Use
> "stunnel -d 465 -r 587" to slot into the above config, but it'll look like
> all your mail has come from localhost.
>
> Alternatively use the -tls-on-connect option. Unfortunately this is only
> command-line option, and you can't do something snazzy like:
>
> tls_on_connect = ${if eq{$interface_port}{465}{1}{0}}

I tried setting up the -tls-on-connect thing using inetd, as suggested in
the man page. Here's my inetd line:

smtps   stream  tcp     nowait          root    /usr/local/sbin/exim
exim -tls-on-connect

When Outlook tries to authenticate, it immediately gets the following error:

Security failure. Data decryption error.

Obviously I need something more than the above, but I'm not sure what ...

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA