[Exim] Re: Grouping allowed in system filter pcre?

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Grouping allowed in system filter pcre?
--
On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 02:51:36PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
| On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, John Horne wrote:

| > > Hmm. I wonder if I should put "non-escaping quotes" on the Wish List?
| >
| > To do what (I know I'm going to regret asking that)? More like a FAQ
| > question/answer maybe?

| To save you having to double up backslashes. But I'm not enthusiastic
| because it might break some configs/filters.

How about using single qoutes for string literals (no escapes, no
variable expansion) and keeping double-quotes as-is? Some other
systems (notably shell and perl) use this single vs double qoute
semantics.

-D

                                               -- Dave Parnas

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/