Re: [Exim] Grouping allowed in system filter pcre?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Sheldon Hearn
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Grouping allowed in system filter pcre?
On (2002/08/16 13:50), Philip Hazel wrote:

> > | if $recipients matches "\\\\b(sheldonh|root)@starjuice\\\\.net\\\\b"
>
> That's a nice example of why you should change to Exim 4, where you
> could use
>
> if $recipients matches "\\N\\b(sheldonh|root)@starjuice\\.net\\b"

Getting there, dude. :-)

> Hmm. I wonder if I should put "non-escaping quotes" on the Wish List?

I'd love non-interpolating single-quotes, which would allow

    if $recipients matches '\b(sheldonh|root)@starjuice\.net\b'

This would fall in line with C, perl and the Bourne shell at least. :-)

Of course, it'd trip up the inexperienced, because this would never
match:

    if $recipients is '$recipients'

But I don't think that's a strong case for excluding it from the Wish
List. :-)

As an aside, what's \N for? I've never used it in perl, whence cometh
PCRE.

Ciao,
Sheldon.