Re: [Exim] Grouping allowed in system filter pcre?

Góra strony
Autor: John Horne
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Grouping allowed in system filter pcre?
On 16-Aug-2002 at 10:16:37 Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> The following system filter gives me an error during testing,
> complaining that the opening paren ("(") is unexpected:
>
>| # Exim filter
>|
>| if error_message then finish endif
>|
>| if $recipients matches \\b(sheldonh|root)@starjuice\\.net\\b
>| then
>| unseen deliver sheldonh-archive
>| finish
>| endif
>
> Is grouping allowed in regular expressions in the system filter, and if
> so what am I doing wrong?

Yes it is allowed (we use it - exim4.10). However I too had a problem with
'(' some time ago. I think the solution was to put the expression in
double-quotes; it then worked fine. However, you have to double up '\',
escape dollar signs etc etc :-) Is this a bug? Not sure I reported the
problem to the list.

Regards,

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???