Re: [Exim] SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connecti…

Autor: David Woodhouse
A: Jeremy C. Reed
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection from ...
reed@??? said:
> This was taken on the mail server itself.

Can you humour me and tcpdump from another host on the same segment?

> I was told this was just happening to the ISP's DSL customers (and
> this weeks logs show 2557 of these timeouts for that one network vs.
> only 172 timeouts from elsewhere). I am assuming that the network
> issue is elsewhere since these timeouts are only for a small portion
> of mail activity.

Odd, but the trace definitely looks like the misbehaviour is at your end.
It may just be triggered by something about those particular clients.

2.4.7-10 apparently has remotely-exploitable TCP bugs anyway. I would
suggest updating to the current erratum kernel (2.4.9-34?) before
investigating any further.

--
dwmw2