Re: [Exim] To verify or not...

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mark Rigby-Jones
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] To verify or not...
> But, is there any situation that anyone knows of when a legitimate
> address might get refused due to Exim not being able to verify the
> sender address? The last thing I want to do is block legit e-mail.

The one gotcha I found was with outgoing email - various machine-generated
emails which were never to be replied to were using non-existant sender
addresses. Admittedly the solution to this is to fix the generated emails,
but it's worth knowing about. I'm using

    warn        log_message     = $sender_address
                !verify         = sender

in an ACL for a few days to track down the problem addresses (you can find
them in the rejectlog) before I actually replace it with a block:

   require     message         = Invalid sender address
               verify          = sender

mrj
--
              Mark Rigby-Jones, Head of Systems, ts.com Ltd
      Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford OX5 2PJ, UK