[Exim] urgent problem with rewrite

Autor: David Markham
A: Exim User \(E-mail\)
Assumpte: [Exim] urgent problem with rewrite
I have a rewrite rule at the bottom of the confi file well under the rewrite
section as this :-

*@*.domain.com        $2@???

This is becuase i want to accept mail in the form
anything@??? and rewrite it to username@??? for use
in my authentication scheme. Its a bit complex but i also have a router like

domain_route
        driver = manualroute
        transport = remote_smtp
        route_list = domain.com  mxhost.domain.com   ( mx host refering to
the inbound mail server i.e this one )

But when i telnet to mailserver on port 25 and do :- it fails

Escape character is '^]'.
220 xxx ESMTP Exim 4.10 Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:45:30 +0100
EHLO you
250-xxx Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxx [xx.xx.xx.xx]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-PIPELINING
250 HELP
MAIL FROM:test@???
250 OK
RCPT TO: test@???
550-Verification failed for test@???
550-Unrouteable address
550 Sender verify failed
quit

------
Dave Markham ( Internet Systems Engineer )
( Internal - 7241 4805
( External - 01782 794805
* David.Markham@???
Fujitsu Services,
Westfields House, West Avenue, Kidsgrove,
Stoke-On-Trent, ST7 1TL
------