Re: [Exim] Newbie question regarding forwarding

Top Pagina
Auteur: Chris Edwards
Aan: Brian Roberts
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Newbie question regarding forwarding
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Brian Roberts wrote:

| I'm trying to forward messages addressed to unknown local users to a
| central server. I see that this is answered for exim 3 in Q0403 of
| the FAQ, but I haven't been able to make the conversion to exim 4.

Its easier in v4 :)

Try a manualroute router as your final router (this untested):

unknown_user:
driver = manualroute
domains = +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * central-server.your.domain

This simply routes - in other words the address is untouched. If however
you wish to forward such messages to a particular email address somewhere
(which happens to be handled on your central server) you probably want a
redirect router:

unknown_user:
driver = redirect
domains = +local_domains
data = xxx@???

In this case, the envelope recipient becomes xxx@??? and the
message is delivered to the appropriate destination.

Cheers

--
Chris Edwards                   University of Glasgow Computing Service,
C.Edwards@???    Glasgow, Scotland. Phone: +44 141 330 4892.