Re: [Exim] certificate for exim/TLS

Góra strony
Autor: Mike Richardson
Dla: Thomas Baumann
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Temat: Re: [Exim] certificate for exim/TLS
On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 02:40:42PM +0200, Thomas Baumann wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am running exim 3.3x with TLS and I am using a self signed certificate.
> I have to repost. But can sb. give me input

Don't quite understand this sentence, but...

>    - which certificate i have to buy for use with exim
> AND
>    - where to buy such a correctly signed certificate

... we use a 40bit SSL Certificate bought from Thawte.

http://www.thawte.com/html/RETAIL/ssl/index.html

All certs seem to be listed as for web servers but just ignore it.

Our cert is for a host name so we can do round robin DNS with two
(or more) backend mail servers. It all seems to work quite well.

Mike
--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing