[Exim] Temp rejects - logging message size?

Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Temp rejects - logging message size?
Hello,

I am seeing the occassional entry in the reject log (exim 4.10):

2002-08-12 16:03:01 17eGd5-0005Ex-01 local_scan() function timed out
- message temporarily rejected
Envelope-from: <...>
[etc, etc - snipped]

They all stem from the same sender host, and I am guessing that the
timeout is due to the message size - the machine itself is currently
lightly loaded. Is it possible to log the message size for temporary
errors?

It is appreciated that for a 'temporary' error, usually (?) the problem
is temporary and the message eventually arrives. However, with temporary
failures that are consistantly failing, then a bit more info may be
useful in sorting the problem out.

(The local_scan calls the old favourite 'spamassassin'. I have
whitelisted the sender to see if the message will now come through.)

Regards,

John.