[Exim] Re: LDAP feature request

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: LDAP feature request
--
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 12:41:27PM +0100, Brian Candler wrote:
| On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 11:29:07AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
| > > One possibility might be to allow a pseudo-attribute "dn" in
| > > LDAP searches:
| > >      ldap:///basedn?dn,otherattr?sub?(filter)
| > >                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^
| > > which would return "dn=xxx" as part of the result. That syntax
| > > could also superceded 'ldapdn' by just specifying dn by itself.
| >
| > Would that require a lot more parsing of the query in the Exim code?

| I believe it would just involve scanning through

|     char  **lud_attrs

| returned by ldap_url_parse, looking for a match with "dn", and noting
| it/removing it if found. (There is already such a loop just to count the
| attributes)

Are you sure that the LDAP server returns a dn "attribute" if
requested to do so? When I used the python-ldap binding, compiled
against libldap2 (from OpenLDAP 2.0), connecting to an OpenLDAP 2.0
server the dn was not returned as an attribute even though it was
requested.

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=581064&group_id=2072&atid=102072

I think it would be a great feature, but I don't know how feasible it
is. (after all, why shouldn't the dn be returnable as an attribute?)

-D

--
Many a man claims to have unfailing love,
but a faithful man who can find?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/