RE: [Exim] partial-mysql query question

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Tom Bell
CC: exim-users
Temat: RE: [Exim] partial-mysql query question
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Tom Bell wrote:

> Using partial with lsearch provided me with the ability to match
> sub-domains as well. Is there any way using mysql to achieve something
> similar without using sql wildcards ? eg if I ban ilovehotmail.com it will
> get matched by hotmail.com whereas partial wouldn't of.

At one point I considered partial matching for query-style lookups, but
I couldn't think of any reasonable way of specifying it, because a
lookup can use all sorts of Exim variables, not just a single key that
Exim knows about.

My feeling was that this kind of thing is much better done inside the
query language, where it can be optimised. Does MySQL provide regular
expression matches? (I'm not an SQL guru.)