Re: [Exim] exiwhat: was: [Exim] pid-file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave English
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exiwhat: was: [Exim] pid-file
This is a PGP signed message sent according to RFC3156 [PGP/MIME]
--
In message
<Pine.SOL.4.44.0208091030210.18945-100000@???>, Philip
>On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Dave English wrote:
>
>> That is, for my mailscanner configuration under Solaris 8 I run
>> something like:
>>
>> exim -bd
>>
>> exim -C config-outgoing -oP exim.2.pid -q15m
>>
>> However, when I run exiwhat I only see data for the first one. Is that
>> right?
>
>No, and when I tried this test, I got data from both of them. Also under
>Solaris 8. I got
>
> 12126 daemon: no queue runs, listening for SMTP
> 12286 daemon: -q15m, not listening

Good, that is what I would expect, thanks.

>Is this problem consistent?

Yes, it is.

> Remember that exiwhat works by sending a
>signal and waiting one second in the hope that all the exims have
>responded by then.

Well the machine has very little to do. I suppose it could just be that
the process cannot get going within a second because it is idle, all it
does is start a queue runner. The only other special thing that I can
think of is that no queue runner has ever yet had anything to deliver.

To be honest, I don't myself have a burning desire to get exiwhat
working at the moment. It is just that previously I had tried it
without any success, so filed a bug with our SCM people - guessing they
may not have compiled it correctly. They have now given me a package of
4.10, claim not to have changed anything & have asked me to verify
whether the bug is still there.

I am happy to investigate this further if you would like, but equally I
could just leave it filed with our SCM.

Regards
--
Dave English,