[Exim] Can't get \n on message option in acl's.

Autor: Glenn Carver
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Can't get \n on message option in acl's.
I'm trying to get my rejectlog file a bit more readable. At the
moment, a log entry makes for a very long line that gets wrapped at a
terminal or in my email report.

So I've tried putting a newline \n character in the 'message' option
for my acl's but I can't get it to work.

e.g. if I do
               deny   message = Invalid local user

my rejectlog file looks like (all one line)

--
2002-08-09 08:00:13 H=dialup1.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk [131.111.112.149]
F=<Glenn.Carver
@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk> rejected RCPT <user%user@???>:
Invalid local user
--

I would like a \n before the message text. But none of the following work

   deny message = \nInvalid local user     -- gives me nothing after the :
   deny message = "\nInvalid local user"   -- gives me a " after the :
   deny message = \N\nInvalid local user\N
         -- doesn't interpret the \n but puts it out on the log line!

How do I do this?

Glenn

--

Dr. Glenn Carver, Centre for Atmospheric Science, Univ. of Cambridge,
Chemistry Dept., Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW, UK.

mailto:Glenn.Carver@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk  http://www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/
Phone: +44 (1223) 763827      ** please note new numbers **
Fax:   +44 (1223) 763823