Re: [Exim] IS it possible? An idea may be

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Dave C.
CC: David Markham, 'Exim User \(E-mail\)'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] IS it possible? An idea may be
djc@??? (Dave C.) [Friday, August 09, 2002 8:30 AM]:

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>> Aye. Now try that on an extremely busy cluster of mailservers with a
>> userbase of several million mailboxes (or hell, several thousand
>> mailboxes).
>
> Spamcop works pretty well - it is acceptable to allow your users to
> mail as they will, and only act on actual complaints.

Spamcop? Separate set of rants in store for that one. It is far better
than crap like "Spamkiller" or "NUCEM" but it does make silly assumptions,
and does get fooled by forged headers (not too often these days, after I got
Julian Haight to whitelist my servers...)

That, and I don't see just where spamcop can be used as an outbound mail
control system. Yup, it can be used by people who get spammed to send
complaints. But that's kinda like closing the stable door long after the
horse has bolted.

This has to be something in real time. Something like an outbound and/or
inbound mail control to prevent and stop dictionary attacking users in the
middle of their spam run. And spammers randomizing domains in RCPT TO won't
really help once the mail is in the queue ... Exim would sort according to
host for delivery, right?

    -srs