Re: [Exim] Does anyone know the difference?

Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Daniel Seehof
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Does anyone know the difference?
Quoth Daniel Seehof on Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 18:21:19 +0200
> does anyone know the difference between exim accepting mails from another
> server and delivering them immediately and putting them in the queue and
> waiting for the next queue runner to deliver them.
> I'm running exim with the arguments "-bd -q5m", and for some reason exim
> still puts all mail in the queue with the msglog message "defer (-1)" and
> "unable to set gid=101 or uid=501 (euid=501)". Those are the IDs exim is
> running under and the IDs the virtual mailfiles belong to. Next time the
> queue runner passes by, all mail is delivered without any problems.
>
> Thanks for your help

Not to be rude, but I have given you a potential way to find out what
was happening. But here goes again for posterity:
1- Kill all exim instances.
2- Starts exim with "-d -bd -q5m" and DO NOT background it.
3- Watch for the debugging option that will tell you where the problem
is. It should give you enough information to be able to trace the
problem.
4- If you cannot work out what the message means, then sned the output
to the above to the list. Needless to say, please do edit the bits that
are not relevant.

Hope that helps.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org