Re: [Exim] status of version 4.10

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] status of version 4.10
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> As Philip pointed out sometime back, any release he puts out is stable.
> Unless he explicitly marks it a beta (like in the exim 3.95x series)
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong ...

More or less, yes. I put out a single sequence of releases from a single
source tree. In other products, "stable" often means "we'll fix bugs in
this fork, but development happens in a different fork". There aren't
enough of me to do that. :-)

People seem to pick up the new releases pretty quickly. If a release is
a month old, I reckon it is pretty stable in the sense that there aren't
any major problems with it.