[Exim] Re: SMTP AUTH obsurification?

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: SMTP AUTH obsurification?
--
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 02:05:57PM +0100, Steve Haslam wrote:
| On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 08:34:19AM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
| > On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

| > Ok, then how do I decode that? AFAIK, md5 is a one-way hash.

| Hrm, you'd have to take a list of all IDs and just try doing them until you
| find a match, I think.

That's not so bad, really. You make a script to run through all the
ids, hash them, and store them in a handy file. Then when you want to
"decode" the hash, just do a "reverse-lookup" in your handy file. You
only need to hash the list of all ids once and save the result for
later usage.

-D

--
If you hold to [Jesus'] teaching, you are really [Jesus'] disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/