[Exim] ldap problem with exim 3.36

Autor: David Malfilâtre
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] ldap problem with exim 3.36
hi all,

I m using the ldap dynamic lookup to find if a user is local or not and
to get the information needed to deliver the mail locally (
spooldirectory, uidNumber, ... ).

For nearly a year it has been working with no problem on an exim 3.31
and now i have decided to migrate from 3.31 to 3.36 and I encounter now
this kind of problem which appears randomly.

I dont give you the full request but only the error message :
It can be :
gave DEFER: ldap_result failed: ()

or

gave DEFER: ldap search initiation failed

It seems that the problem only occur for the search of the gidNumber of
a user ( all other requests seems not to have any problem )

You can also notice that, for example, a local delivery for a list of
users will decrease by a "random" number of users each time I force the
queue with a exim -qff, but still have some errors. After 3 or 4 exim
-qff all users get the mail.

I have also mounted another server with an exim 3.36 and an ldap server
locally, this server has a nearly null traffic 3 or 4 persons use it,
and i encounter the same problem.

Has anyone an idea ?
Can anyone help me ?

Otherwise I will perhaps downgrade to 3.31 ( those servers are not
directly connected to internet ).

Thanks

By the way I ve not subscribed to the exim-users mailing list so dont
forget to reply to me directly.