Re: [Exim] Message-Id header problems?

Autor: John Robinson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Message-Id header problems?
At 10:33 07/08/2002 +0800, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Carl Tashian wrote:

>A pretty broken message-id there. What is inserting it - your AOLServer?
>
> > I don't read sendmail.cfs very often, but this looks like a regexp
> > that requires < > around the message id field of an incoming message?
>
>Yeah
>
> > The Message-Id: field generated by my exim never has < > around it,
>
>That is generated by your mail client - not by exim at all.

Doesn't Exim insert its own message-id if it's missing? Why not when the
supplied one is invalid?

Cheers,

John.

--
John Robinson                                     Tel +44 7771 784058
  Though my soul may set in darkness / It will rise in perfect light;