Re: [Exim] Exim + Debian + Squirrelmail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Burnham
A: Amir Zangeneh \(NTNU\), exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim + Debian + Squirrelmail
Amir Zangeneh (NTNU) wrote:
> ---Problem:----
> I cannot make exim deliver mail to outlook express users.

Does exim deliver to somewhere like /var/spool/mail/{local_part} ? If
so, then the delivery problem is not an Exim issue but a POP3/IMAP
issue.

> I cannot make SMTP AUTH work. The documentation referse to
> local/Makefile all the time, but I did not compile exim myself. I

did
> apt-get exim. And I cannot find documentation who tels me how to do
> things with using /etc/exim.conf.

Well, this might be the problem. Does the Debian Exim package include
SMTP auth support ? If not, you could always download the source and
build it yourself (it's not hard, honest) or look for an alternative
Debian package that does have SMTP auth built in.
John