Re: [Exim] Exim and Cambridge Intellectual Policy changes ?

Autor: Jeffrey C. Ollie
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim and Cambridge Intellectual Policy changes ?
On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 15:10, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
>
> > Phil, any comments from the battle 8-) ?
>
> There won't be any real battle till next academic term. But if anybody
> is worried, Exim is safe because the proposal is not retrospective.

Yes, but what about future work? Exim 4.10 may be fine since it has
been GPL'd, but what about any work you might do in the future if the
intellectual property policy changes take place. Sure, we could always
take the Exim 4.10 code and fork the development, but I think that Exim
has done so well because there has been someone at the core with a clear
vision of the "future of the code" and the guts to say "no" to
ideas/patches that don't fit that vision.

BTW, you're doing a awesome job on Exim. Keep up the good work, at
least as long as they'll let you.

Jeff