Re: [Exim] userforward router with local_part_suffix

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Greg Ward
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] userforward router with local_part_suffix
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Greg Ward wrote:

> Also note that no_verify is *not* there, ie. this router participtates
> in address verification as well as routing/delivery. This matters --
> keep reading.

That is presumably the problem. Routers that require a change of uid
cannot be used for verification because Exim is running as "exim" and
not as "root".

> LOG: unable to set gid=1185 or uid=1185 (euid=8): userforward router
> LOG: internal problem in userforward router: failure to transfer data from subprocess

Yup, that looks like this problem.

> However, if I add no_verify to the userforward router, it works -- the
> "rcpt:<gward@???>" command is accepted. But then, of course,
> gward-foo does not work, since Exim falls through to the next router
> (localuser, which doesn't accept suffixes) and the verify fails.

The solution would appear to be to allow suffixes on the next router, as
you've found.

> I can think of a couple of workarounds; in fact, adding an optional
> local_part_suffix to the localuser router seems to help. But the fact
> that Exim is barfing with a mysterious "internal problem" error message
> makes me wonder. Anyone see this before? Is it perchance a bug?

No, but perhaps the wording of the messages could be better.