Re: [Exim] Routing with Spamcop

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mark Edwards
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Routing with Spamcop
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Mark Edwards wrote:

> Sorry, no. There's an additional aspect of this that I left off the last
> message. Considering the amount of posting you do here, I can easily
> understand why you've forgotten about it. :) This router is sending the
> message to the user "spam":
>
> # The remaining routers handle addresses in the local domain(s).
>
> spam_trap:
>    driver = redirect
>    condition = ${if def:h_X-Warning: {yes}{no}}
>    data = spam
>    file_transport = address_file

> So, the question is why does that router pre-empt the system-filter that I
> have (listed above), which works for other messages? The log (above) is
> generated with both the router and the system-filter working and active.

The system filter will set up a delivery to backup@???. That
address will go through the routers in the normal way. I think that is
why you are seeing the effect you are seeing. If you don't want
postmaster@??? to be routed by that router, add

local_parts = !backup

to the router.

The system filter can alter the list of recipients, but all addresses
are subsequently handled by the routers. Duplicates are discarded.

A delivery with -d to get some debugging output will confirm this.