Re: [Exim] empty sender in autoreply transport and errors_to…

Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Peter A. Savitch
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] empty sender in autoreply transport and errors_to option
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Peter A. Savitch wrote:

> Hello people,
>
> I use some (antivirus) software wich SHOULD notify malicious users
> with empty sender <>, generated with autoreply transport. Just like
> `normal' Exim bounces. The user under which delivery is done is
> declared `trusted'.
>
> Every autoreply message is in the form:
>
> =cut
> From: AV-DAEMON <>
> Subject: Delivery failure: blah blah blah
>
> blah blah blah
> =cut
>
> But I see that Return-Path becomes fully-qualified address like this:

I had a similar problem with my virus checker (I laid the blame on
the perl library sending the bounce messages) under exim 3.
With exim 4 I have avoided the problem by using exiscan and the
exim's local_scan. This way I exim rejects the message, there are no
bounces, and I pass the buck to the sending machine.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna