[Exim] Want to generate 553 Auth required responses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Robinson
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Want to generate 553 Auth required responses
OK I know it's not what you're supposed to do under RFC-2554 SMTP
Authentication, but I'd like to contrive that if a user has attempted
authentication, and this has been failed with a 535 Auth failed, but the
user's MUA carries on regardless, I'd like to have exim generate a 553 Auth
required response where the user would normally (if they hadn't attempted
authentication) have received a 550 Relaying denied.

A misfeature in Eudora where it ignores the 535 Auth failed and carries on
regardless combined with a bug where the only way to set the SMTP AUTH
password is to enable mail checking (Eudora currently uses the same
username/secret for both retrieving and sending mail) has been driving my
boss nuts, largely because he kept getting 550 relaying denied even when he
thought he'd been authenticating OK. The Eudora knowledgebase suggests it
would understand a 553 Auth required message, and even if it doesn't, at
least the user would get a more appropriate error message.

Can this be done?

Cheers,

John.

--
John Robinson                                     Tel +44 7771 784058
  Though my soul may set in darkness / It will rise in perfect light;