Re: [Exim] sender address rewrite

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: ibraheem umaru-mohammed
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] sender address rewrite
[Philip Hazel wrote...]
-| On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, ibraheem umaru-mohammed wrote:
-|
-| > I have read the relevant section of the FAQ, which gives the following
-| > rewrite rule for sender addresses only:
-| >
-| >    *@*.your.domain $1@???    Ffrs
-| >
-| > However, this doesn't seem to be working for me, as i get the following:
-|
-| You _did_ substitute your actual domain for "your.domain", didn't you?
-| (Just checking...)

Yes.

-| > >From someone@??? Mon Aug 5 11:40:47 2002
-| > Return-path: <someone@???>
-|
-| That is, your rewrite rule should read
-|
-| *@*.ku.ved.mydomain.com $1@??? Ffrs
-|
-| You can test rewrite rules with the -brt option.
-|

I have managed to get things work with the "envelope_from" option in mutt.
Thanks to Suresh Ramasubramanian.

However, i have the following in /usr/exim/configure:

            ... <snip> ...
    begin rewrite
    *@*.mydomain.com    $1@???    Ffrs
    *@*.ku.ved.mydomain.com    $1@???    Ffrs
            ... <snip/> ...

And this is what i get when test the rewrite rules:

            ... <snip> ...
ibraheem@??? $ /usr/exim/bin/exim -brt ibraheem@???
Retry rule:    *    F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h;
ibraheem@???

I take it it is picking up the default retry rule. Any ideas why it
isn't picking up the rewrite rule?

Kindest regards,

            --ibs.

--