Re: [Exim] Re: Documentation clarification - $h_xxx

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Brian Candler
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Re: Documentation clarification - $h_xxx
On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 09:46:29AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Supplementary question: is $address_data from verification available in the
> > ACL? i.e. can I do something like this
>
> No, I'm afraid not. The verification happens "independently". This is
> why any headers_add don't actually happen, but it also means that
> an address_data doesn't propagate out beyond the verification.
>
> Do you have a cunning use for this? I don't think it would be too hard
> to make it propagate out.

Just exploring options. I was thinking of a RCPT ACL adding a header using
data looked up in LDAP during address verification, which would then
influence the outcome of the DATA ACL.

However even if I do decide to do this, I can just put the appropriate LDAP
expression in-line in the RCPT ACL (and exim should use the cached lookup)

Cheers,

Brian.