Re: [Exim] Mailman with Exim 4 and ${lc:...} error

Autor: Paul Makepeace
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mailman with Exim 4 and ${lc:...} error
[noticing "reply-to: exim-users" is set]

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 09:26:54AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>
> > FWIW, I just got burned by this as well. Perhaps there is some more
> > cunning magick that could be added to the convert script (which didn't
> > catch it)? I had a look myself but couldn't make much sense of it in the
> > short time I had. Would this be a hard problem or is it just another
> > regex tweak?
>
> The latest convert4r4 script is supposed to pick up cases like this, but
> maybe it misses some of them. If you give me examples, I can tweak the
> regex, for that is indeed all that should be needed.

Hi Philip,

tantrix:# grep 'lc:' /etc/exim/exim.conf
command = MAILMAN_WRAP post ${lc:$local_part}
command = MAILMAN_WRAP mailcmd ${lc:$local_part}
command = MAILMAN_WRAP mailowner ${lc:$local_part}
require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
new_address = "${lc:$local_part}-admin@${domain}"
require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
new_address = "${lc:$local_part}-admin@${domain}"
require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
require_files = /etc/mail/stripmime/${lc:$local_part}@${lc:$domain}
require_files = /etc/mail/stripmime_junk/${lc:$local_part}@${lc:$domain}
require_files = /etc/mail/stripmime/${lc:$local_part}@${lc:$domain}
tantrix:# /usr/src/exim-4.10/src/convert4r4.src < /etc/exim/exim.conf > /tmp/exim4.conf
Runtime configuration file converter for Exim release 4.

** The following comments describe problems that have been encountered
while converting an Exim 3 runtime file for Exim 4. More detail can
be found in the file doc/Exim4.upgrade.

** The rbl_log_rcpt_count option no longer exists, and has no equivalent
in Exim 4.

** The rbl_warn_header option no longer exists. In Exim 4 you can
achieve the
effect by adding a suitable "message" statement in the ACL.

** The log_refused_recipients option no longer exists, and has no
equivalent
in Exim 4.

** An aliasfile director used the "optional" option, which no
longer exists. The option has been removed.

***** Please review the generated file carefully. *****

tantrix:# grep 'lc::' /tmp/exim4.conf
tantrix:#

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong although it seemed to catch everything
else.

Thanks for the "if exists" tip, worked fine!

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is good and what is evil? Just follow your nose, it always knows."
-- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/