Re: [Exim] Incorrect authentication data

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nick
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Incorrect authentication data
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Bernstein" <mb@???>
To: "Nick" <exim@???>
Cc: <nick.cobra@???>; <exim-users@???>
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Exim] Incorrect authentication data

> On Aug 4 Nick wrote:
>
> >I have built Exim with Pam support had to add the line <EXTRALIBS=-lpam>
> >in the makefile for it to build
>
> Are you using shadow passwords? Does the user Exim is running as have
> permission to read the relevant files? Does authenticating by hand (ie
> telnet) work? (You'll have to do the base64 encoding by hand!)
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,
I've not tried to do the "by hand" auth but I have set a static user and
password and still I cant get authentication to work,
I have built Exim to run as root,
I cant understand why I am having so many problems, sendmail auth was a snip
and exim is now running on the same machine as the was working sendmail with
auth
Starting to get a little frustrated now after two days!
Regards
Nick