Re: [Exim] error in local delivery for a new user

Autor: Daniel Zuidema
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] error in local delivery for a new user
Om 11:07 op de dag 2 Aug 2002 digitaliseerde Philip Hazel het volgende:

> Indeed, but the error was a complaint by the userforward director that it
> could not read /home/xxxx/.forward. I don't think that is related to the
> use of cyrus.

Ok, I will try to explain more. The user in question doesn't have a forward-
file. I don't want it to have a forward file. Exim doesn't seem to find the
user. While the user can log in to KDE, it has a home-dir, it has a right
mailbox and the owners and groups are OK comparing to the other users.
with -d10 debug I get this message: (typing it over from the linux screen)
----
userforward director: file = /home/boudewyn/forward
message: failed to open /home/boudewyn/forward: permission denied (euid=20
egid=0)
post-process boudewyn@???ftp.net (8)
LOG: 0 MAIN
== boudewyn@???ftp.net D=userforward defer (-1): failed to open
/home/boudewyn/forward: permission denied (euid=20 egid=0)

After directing:
Local deliveries:
Remote deliveries:
Failed addresses:
Addresses to be routed:
Deferred addresses:
boudewyn@???ftp.net
search_tidyup called
---

While for another user I get this log:

---
userforward director: file = /home/daantje/forward
set uid=0 gid=0 euid=20 egid=0
/home/daantje/forward not found
restored uid=0 gid=0 euid=20 egid=0
calling localuser director
queued for local_delivery transport: local_part=daantje
domain=theseend.homeftp.net
errors_to=NULL
domain_data=NULL local_part_data=NULL
localuser director succeeded for daantje

After directing:
   local deliveries:
     daantje@???ftp.net
   Remote deliveries:
   Failed addresses:
   Addresses to be routed:
   Deferred addresses:
search_tidyup called

-----

So somehow it can't open the home/boudewyn/ bit but I'm sure it exsist.
with ls -l I get the same results as with user daantje.

If I try with a http-request to the server I do get an error 403 page (access
forbidden) so the user does exists on the system.

Still can't figure it out. except for the uid 'boudewyn' and 'daantje' are
identical.

Daniel
---
http://www.theseend.net/ or http://crash.to/acaac